Who we are:
We work at the intersection of deep technology, science and experience design. Sensible is built to help consumers and businesses understand, plan for, and mitigate all types of climate and weather risk, from travel and events to homeownership and energy production. Our first product embeds with travel and outdoor events partners, offering their customers a guarantee against the weather. This means a customer can have confidence that they will have a great time in the sun, otherwise they'll get money back!
We recognize that we're living in a world with more climate disruption than ever before. We also believe that it is one of unprecedented opportunity for solutions.
With rich data from satellites and other developing technologies, we have the right information, engineering and technology to help us relate to our environment with a new kind of awareness and understanding.
Sensible is a team built on trust, feedback, and communication. We recognize that diversity of background, skills, and experiences makes stronger teams, and we are therefore an equal opportunity employer.
What you'll be working on:
As Sensible’s first Solutions Engineer, you will report to the VP, Business Development and represent Sensible’s Growth Team as the technical leader responsible for helping strategic partners integrate Sensible into their technical infrastructure.
The Solutions Engineer will represent Sensible’s technical platform and integration capabilities to potential merchant and platform partners, collaborating with internal Product and Engineering teams to make technical decisions and drive new solutions to grow Sensible’s partner ecosystem. The position will be accountable for growth of new enterprise partnerships by assisting Sales and BD team members on calls with potential strategic partners to identify integration designs and ultimately help win prioritization of development resources required to launch Sensible’s products.
The role envisions deep knowledge of e-commerce business models, strong technical background, as well as the project management, presentation & communication skills needed to effectively engage with large, complex enterprises across a diverse set of industries, including travel, hospitality, outdoor recreation, live sports & entertainment, financial services and more.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, technical leader who is comfortable with ambiguity and the rapid rate of change inherent in a fast-growing start-up that is building something the world hasn't seen before.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our enterprise partners’ technical teams by taking a consultative approach in solving their business challenges, driving adoption of complex new software solutions, and leveraging a track record of successfully overcoming technical integration objections. Problem solving is in your DNA!
- Own creation of prototypes, demos, technical documentation, integration specifications, and partner-specific development SOWs
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of FAQs, product documentation, as well as a growing suite of partner integration methods
- Ensure strategic partners launch quickly and their technical teams are supported with needed product documentation, integration credentials, and reporting
- Monitor market dynamics and competitor activity to keep internal stakeholders informed on how we can continue to differentiate our products and grow transaction volumes by proactively supporting partners with relevant technical documentation and best practices
- 5+ years in fast-growing SaaS or fintech business with experience in a Solutions Engineering, Partner Engineering, Sales Engineering, Technical Account Management, Solutions Architecture, or any other customer-facing engineering role
- Experience integrating UX elements w/ backend services, frameworks, and 3rd party developer APIs to deliver enterprise software solutions that empower ecommerce businesses (travel, hospitality, or ticketing industry experience a plus)
- Experience collaborating cross-functionality with Product, Engineering and Data Teams to identify feasibility and implementation of technical solutions for partners
- Technical writing skills and experience clearly documenting enterprise software functionality for non-technical audiences
- Strong expectation setting, prioritization and execution skills
- A strong belief in Sensible’s value propositions, mission, and team values