Online Marketing Data Analyst
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Sofia City, Bulgaria
saas.group was founded in 2017 with a simple goal in mind: to help promising, profitable companies reach their full potential. We are an international remote team with colleagues in over 20 countries around the world. Our portfolio currently consists of 12 well-known startups (pipelinecrm.com, keyword.com, sniply.io, juicer.io, prerender.io, deploybot.com, git-tower.com, rewardful.com, seobility.net, myworks.software, crosstalent.eu) and is continuously growing.
This role is for our central marketing team that supports our portfolio companies with all things marketing data and analytics. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with multiple multi-million dollar products across various industries at the same time.
We are looking for a passionate and curious candidate with a high affinity and experience in data analysis to support our ventures with all sorts of marketing data projects. These can vary from marketing attribution and reporting up to data journalism. You’ll be working closely with our growing central marketing team, freelancers as well as the various product teams. You will receive guidance from our Brand CMOs and act at the interaction point between the growing group organisation and the scaling SaaS ventures. However, you are expected to take full ownership of projects and successfully complete them on your own.
We value curiosity, smartness and the willingness to learn. Nevertheless, having 3-4 years
of relevant experience in an analytical, data, performance marketing or product role is a plus.
saas.group was started in 2017 by a group of experienced serial-entrepreneurs. We looked at what made private equity firms and other common routes so maddening, and worked backward, simplifying every step. The result has been founders and teams who are happy with the process and relieved to see their SaaS business in a great home for the long term. Sounds great, right? Let’s make it even better! 🙌
- Marketing Reporting: You will be responsible to develop and maintain reporting dashboards in Tableau (or Amazon Quicksight) for the central marketing team that help to define better steering decisions. With the product and marketing data of multiple portfolio companies being stored in a central database in BigQuery you know how to aggregate and join the data using SQL to make it available in dashboards. New marketing channels as well as newly acquired companies need to get integrated based on a structure that you define.
- Marketing Analytics Architecture: You will own our overall marketing analytics architecture - with the support of our DevOps & BI teams for implementation.
- Data Journalism: Our portfolio companies produce highly relevant data that can be used in content marketing. You will dig deep into the product analytics data of our companies and analyse as well as process the data to be used in marketing.
- Tracking & Attribution: Despite having tracking & attribution in place, there will always be room for improvement or the need to counteract new regulatory limitations. Therefore, you will be a key player to enhance and maintain our tracking, attribution and reporting infrastructure, so we will be able to quickly identify opportunities for scale or campaigns to be stopped/adjusted.
What you bring to the table
- 3-4 years experience working in an analytical, data, performance marketing or product role (ideally in a tech company or startup).
- You are comfortable working with SQL, Python and an analytics stack (we use BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Mixpanel, Tableau, Amazon Quicksight, Hotjar).
- You are a critical thinker - it's easy to lie to ourselves with data or use it to confirm our beliefs.
- You are regularly challenging your team, looking for flaws in your reasoning, and helping to find the truth rather than proof.
- You are a fast learner with a high level of initiative and great analytical skills.
- You are well organized, you know how to prioritize tasks, and you get things done.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- You feel comfortable working in a remote-first setup.
What we offer
- Ultimate flexibility: We’re 100% remote. You can work from wherever you like, whenever you like.
- Freedom and autonomy: We’re a high-trust team, and you’ll be given lots of independence to solve problems in your own way — with plenty of help from the team when you need it.
- Minimum bureaucracy: We don’t like to get bogged down with meetings and red tape. We like to be efficient and keep momentum steady & sustainable.
- Small & friendly team: We help each other out, have fun, and joke around.
- Unlimited paid time off: We want you to recharge your batteries when needed.