At Slab, we believe that knowledge is the foundation of any organization's success. When a team's collective knowledge is accessible, that team's potential is limitless. That's why we're making the workplace a source of learning and purpose through knowledge-sharing. Our product helps teams easily create, organize, and discover knowledge across the entire company, from non-technical to tech-savvy. Thousands of customers rely on Slab across their entire workforces, including Asana, Benchling, and Fivetran.
About this role:
In this role, you will work directly with our CEO to own the marketing strategy and execution. You will be hands-on with helping define our positioning and messaging, while also building out our content and channels for growth. You will be our first marketer and help define what marketing looks like for Slab as well as help us build the team of full-time hires and contractors to help drive growth.
• Product Marketing Strategy: Gain a deep understanding of our audience, develop our positioning and messaging, and communicate about the product and its benefits to our audience.
• Positioning: Develop and execute strategies to improve product positioning and messaging.
• Messaging: Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (emails, web, etc)
• Launches: Plan and execute product launches from strategy to messaging, channel strategy, and measurement; collaborating with product, sales, and CS.
• Lifecycle marketing: Create content and messaging for email drip campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle.
• Content strategy: We want to become the destination for learning about productivity and use templates & content to acquire users. You’ll work with contractors and future content marketing hires to make this happen.
Sound like you:
• Marketing experience: At least 5 years of marketing experience, with a focus on product marketing.
• Industry or business model experience: Experience in the productivity space and/or self serve businesses.
• Experience setting marketing strategy AND executing: You’re able to balance strategic vision and operational excellence, from setting high-level team strategy to getting in the weeds planning launches and doing competitive research. This is an early-stage startup and you will be doing both.
• Product marketing depth: With core competencies in positioning, messaging, launch management, and partner marketing.
• Marketing breadth: You understand channel, content, and comms strategy in addition to product marketing strategy.
• Writing ability: You’ve written short-form and long-form content, and can point to examples of your writing.
• High-quality bar: You've developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first, while hitting growth goals at the same time.
• Goal setting & prioritization: You know how to set both short-term goals and long-term goals that are used for prioritization and focused on impact.
What We Value:
• Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
• Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
• Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
• Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
• The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
• Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
• Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Wellness & remote work stipends
• $5k workspace setup, renewed biannually
• 7-year options exercise window
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.