Prufrock Ventures is best described as a startup incubator or company builder, backed by tier 1 venture funds, early founding team members at Amazon, and others. Our business is to come up with new ideas for businesses to build, validate these ideas, and then when we think we’ve identified a business opportunity in a big market where we have unique expertise, we invest resource to build early product and acquire customers. It’s never been cheaper to start a company - with mature tools for company setup, market testing, analytics, etc. And ideas are prolific. Our thesis is that if you can get very good at the 0 to 1 of idea generation and validation, you can quickly gather signal and identify opportunities for new businesses with relatively little resource. You can then double down on the best of these.
As a Product Growth Lead, you'll be a driving force behind growth marketing and product growth initiatives for new ventures. You are a full stack startup athlete that likes to move fast and is passionate about innovation. You'll develop, implement, track and optimize growth campaigns across multiple products and platforms. In addition to owning all of our growth channels, you will be deeply passionate about the intersection of data science / product development.
You will help us find those customers and help us then develop and advance products. You’re an expert at identifying the channels where our prospective customers spend their time both online/offline and ability to engage these customers where they are as we validate + scale product.
You are a great fit if you are one of those deeply curious people who likes to build new things and is continuously asking ‘what if’ - What if this existed? What if I tried this? You can build and navigate an acquisition strategy with Google, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit and LinkedIn. But this is table stakes for you. You also are expert at identifying new channels, creatively engaging with those channels and using data to drive strategy and positioning. And you can easily play outside your role as well, creating the scrappy designs or engaging content that can hook prospective customers.
- Scrappy, self-starting, excellent problem solving skills and obsessed with data
- Ability to build and scale infrastructure for all growth channels including but not limited to:
- viral loops, SEO/SEM, CRO, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns, as well as landing website and mobile app conversion.
- Hands-on experience working with marketing platforms, such as Heap, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, social platforms, and BI tools
- You have a track record of going zero to one and launching successful new products where your efforts directly resulted in the first 10, 50, 1,000 customers
- Have experience that spans B2C and B2B
- Have both in-house and agency experience, where you can evidence going deep into one product and also having worked simultaneously across multiple products as part of an agency.
- Be able to provide lots of evidence working with high performing engineering, design and product folks
- Have founded your own startup