80% of the global workforce is deskless, yet just 1% of all enterprise software funding is dedicated to serving these 2.7 billion people. At Sona, our mission is to put cutting edge technology in the hands of every deskless employee to empower them to do their best work.
We launched in summer 2021 and have just announced our $7M seed round from Google's Gradient Ventures only 6 months after our $2.2M Pre-seed with SpeedInvest, Notion Capital and angels like Tom Blomfield.
Following our latest funding round we are building out the marketing function, adding our first dedicated growth hire who'll play a critical role in building the growth and demand generation function that will drive Sona’s growth for years to come.
It’s a hugely exciting time to be joining the team, as we’re still small enough that you’ll have a significant impact on the company, growth trajectory and culture, but large enough that we have a great structure, experienced leaders and world-class benefits in place (such as being fully remote and flexible, and only working 4.5 days a week)
About the Role
As our first demand generation hire, you’ll take a holistic, end-to-end approach to generating the leads that will power our growth and be the vital link between marketing and revenue.
You will own the set up and testing of new marketing channels as we seek to diversify our channel mix, and help us find the best ways to market Sona to new sectors.
To excel in this role, you’ll need experience in B2B/SaaS demand generation in a high-growth environment, a problem solving, iterative approach, and a focus on ensuring marketing activity ultimately converts to revenue. We’re a data-driven team, so if you have a solid grasp on your metrics and enjoy diving into the numbers to find and test the best approach, we’d love to hear from you!
Day to day, you will be:
- Delivering a growing pipeline of marketing-generated and qualified leads
- Identifying and testing new channels to find those that can deliver the best flow of qualified leads, optimising for ROI and CAC.
- Helping us make the most of our existing channels such as outbound email marketing, events, and Linkedin
- Collaborating with our Content Marketing Manager to amplify the reach and distribution of our content marketing strategy.
- Responsible for the tech stack used for demand generation, incl Hubspot. You’ll review the current stack, make recommendations for the ideal stack and help implement new tools.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of channels, analysing the marketing data and driving improvements on the back of thorough analysis.
We don’t have hard and fast requirements, but hopefully lots of the below applies to you:
- Experienced in SaaS/B2B growth/demand generation marketing in a high-growth environment targeting mid-market and enterprise companies
- Knowledgeable across a wide range of channels and take a holistic, revenue-focused approach to demand generation.
- Obsessed about finding new ways of delivering growth, driven by hitting targets and like operating autonomously.
- Data-driven, with the ability to analyse and optimise the campaigns you’re working, as well as set up experiments to test and measure effectiveness of new channels and campaigns.
- Interested in sales psychology and communication, always pushing boundaries to figure out what messaging converts a lead into a meeting.
- You’ve got a growth-hacking mindset and technical skills and understanding which enables you to master new programmes quickly. You’re familiar with growth-hacking and marketing tools such as phantombuster, Hunter.io and zapier and outbound and CRM tools such as Mixmax/Klenty/Salesloft/Hubspot/Salesloft.
- Competitive salary: £60-70k (or local equivalent), depending on experience
- 4.5 day standard working week
- 37 days annual leave (25 days standard plus 12 flexible public holiday days)
- Share options
- Fully remote and flexible working
- Co-working space stipend
- Free mental health support (On-demand online therapy & coaching)
- Quarterly all expenses paid team retreats
- Enhanced parental leave and pay
- Pension contributions (matched up to 5%)
- The latest Macbook and equipment for your home office
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited free books
Working at Sona
We are strong believers in giving everyone the opportunity to do their best work, when and how they prefer. That means you’ll have a lot of flexibility and control over how to shape your job and work life, while getting all the support you need to succeed. We are fully remote, with overlapping ‘office hours’ during the mornings (GMT).
We take our health and mental health seriously, believing that we can only perform to our best when we are healthy and happy. That’s why we work 4.5 day weeks, with a flexible half day that you can use as you choose. We also provide full mental health support in the form of on-demand therapy and coaching, along with a professional development budget to keep growing your career.
You can learn more about the team and what it’s like working at Sona here.