We know that headhunters are already beating down your door. We want to earn our right to keep you every single day.
Hey, my name is Calvin, and I know how you feel.
Even though I am the founder of the successful online platform Simplero.com and – might I add – I’ve been blessed with a wonderful team of intelligent and kind people from all over the globe, things were not always like this.
I spent many a dark hour figuring out why being awkward in the company of other human beings made me become great at building things.
Part of that is probably that being broken and alone is a good motivator for learning to make stuff on your own.
But for many other things in life?
Not so much.
Anyway, today I’m happy to report that I enjoy the best parts of both sides.
The light side of having mastered the art of focus and logical thinking.
Having great relationships and being able to build a strong organization with an incredible team and massive growth potential.
A dark and evil power is upon us.
...is where you enter the story.
You will be the Superman who is called upon to hammer the villains back into the abyss from whence they came.
Oops. I got carried away...I do that.
The truth is, I’ve become the bottleneck of my own success, and I need a few more exceptional people who can help in our fight against evil.
I mean that part, by the way. Jokes and corny comic book metaphors aside...what we’re doing is important. We’re out to change the world, and we need your help.
So what do you say..?
Do you want to play, or don’t you?
Under this you’ll find the usual “features and benefits,” but don’t let that keep you from raising your hand if you feel a connection after reading this.
Your friend in the good fight,
CEO and founder of Simplero
What’s in it for you:
- Be your own manager with leeway to decide how you spend your time.
- You’ll be making a meaningful difference. After all, many more people will see our marketing than will ever buy our products—we want our marketing alone to be transformative.
- We’ve grown to $4M ARR with just great product and great customer service. Imagine how much you can do by adding great marketing to the mix?
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year, increasing to 5 after three years. Plus 10 sick/health days and 10 national holidays. Why? Because time away brings fresh insights.
- Wellness stipend to help pay for your gym. Deadlifts make you smarter.
- We'll pay for a laptop or other gear you need to be productive.
- We’ll pay for an audible membership. Books make you smarter too.
A day in the life of …
- You’ll be doing a bit of everything, marketing-wise: copywriting, market research, running paid ads, developing strategy, creating landing pages, building funnels, etc. (all in Simplero, of course)
- You’ll be working directly with Calvin and the other people on our fledgling marketing team on creating, marketing, and delivering lead magnets, challenges, coaching programs, and other types of info products.
- You’ll run paid ads to drive traffic to these assets, working with us on the creative, and the targeting, while you set them up and monitor performance.
What sets Simplero apart:
- No VCs. No outside funding. No exit strategy. We do it because we love it today, and want to continue doing this in perpetuity, not because we hope to make out like bandits in the future.
- We're profitable and have been in business for 13 (!) years. It's a solid, stable, proven company, product, and model, not some fly-by-night operation or risky gamble. Yet we’re still agile and nimble like a startup.
- We have 2,500+ active customers who have made over $338M using Simplero. We’re the real deal.
- We're founded by a developer (Calvin) who is still personally and passionately leading Product and Engineering, so there’s deep technical understanding at the top.
- Our founder is also a spiritual teacher to entrepreneurs, so you know we care about we’ve got both heart and mind (and body) at the core.
- We solve real problems for real people that they're happy to pay us real money to solve for them. We go home each day knowing we made a difference.
- We have a strong community, and we cherish our close and respectful relationships. It feels good to know the people we’re serving.
- We do things differently from other companies. You'll see. We laugh a lot. We move and breathe. We care about our people. We support you on your journey.
What we absolutely require:
- You gotta be great at doing quantitative and qualitative research
- Writing marketing copy is second nature to you, and you can be persuasive without coming off as salesy
- You’re a storyteller, easily able to grasp the essence of a story and figure out how to tell it in a compelling way
- You’re decent at running ads … don’t need to be perfect here, we can always get help with the mechanics. But you definitely know your way around the ads managers.
- You’re a bit of a renaissance person—left brain, right brain both online.
What we could care less about:
- # years of experience. You probably started young, anyway.
- Degrees or certifications. Show us what you’ve done, and what you can do for us, that’s what matters.