As our Digital Strategist at Mission, you will be the booster engine helping us continue to grow at the pace that led to us being the 19th Fastest Growing Company in Canada according to The Globe and Mail.
At Mission, we believe community and connections are what ground us, and what enables us to do great work. We’ve historically grown through referral channels, now we want to step on the gas by developing scalable and predictable lead acquisition channels. You will work closely with our Director of Marketing and others on our growing marketing team to develop strategies and tactics for both of our key audiences (senior independent software engineers and engineering leaders at companies looking to scale their software development capability) and guide them through the user journey from first awareness through to loyalty and referral.
What you’ll do at Mission:
- Develop scalable and repeatable campaign frameworks to help us develop predictable lead generation pipelines for our clients, and member generation pipelines for developers and engineers to join our network.
- Create repeatable tools and playbooks for our partners to use when promoting Mission.
- Experiment and try new tactics on a regular basis. We are a small but fast growing marketing team, and that means we don’t care about how things have been done or what works in the past. We want your ideas and your drive to try something new.
- Work closely with our Content Strategist, and the rest of the marketing team to develop campaign collateral and messaging that drives home what Mission is, and how it can be helpful to independent engineers and growth-stage companies.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience implementing strategy and running digital media campaigns on several of these platforms: Linkedin, Twitter, Google, YouTube, Spotify Ads, and others. You also keep up with the most recent features and updates across these platforms.
- Comfortable working with data analytics and business intelligence tools. Google Analytics, HotJar, DataStudio and the like are your best friends (or at least good casual acquaintances).
- You have a unique point of view, and are comfortable sharing it. We believe conversation can lead to the best ideas.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both the tech and venture capital landscapes. You don’t need to have experience coding or running a startup, but you should be able to understand the basics of how software and products get made.
- Be comfortable working from zero to one. We are still building out new channels rather than refining existing ones; you should be the type to find an empty Google Doc motivating rather than daunting.
Things that aren’t required but will set you apart from others:
- Experience working in startups, advertising, or similar backgrounds. Startups are fast-moving, dynamic work environments and it helps if you’ve lived in this type of environment before.
- Experience using marketing automation tools such as Hubspot, Marketo, and Mailchimp (we use Iterable at Mission).
- A love of technology and a high level of understanding of developer and internet subcultures.
- You don’t need to have experience coding, but familiarity with how software gets made will help you succeed in this role.