Digital Marketing Analyst
Under the direction of the Director of Search and Digital Marketing, Sentry Insurance, the Digital Marketing Analyst manages digital marketing campaigns and website analytics for a portfolio of websites managed by Sentry Insurance’s digital marketing team.
He/She/They will be responsible for analyzing data trends, interpreting results, providing regular reporting and developing recommendations based on marketing data.
The Digital Marketing Analyst will be responsible for complex data ﬂows using multiple languages/frameworks such as SQL, R, Python, and using data visualization tools.
The Digital Marketing Analyst will work alongside digital marketing colleagues and information technology leaders to support digital marketing goals.
What You’ll Do:
● Manages all analytics for digital marketing campaigns websites
● Responsible for oversight and management of a comprehensive suite of analytics tools and related reporting
● Reports on digital advertising metrics, return on investment, web analytics, email tracking, and overall success of digital marketing campaigns
● Calculates and identiﬁes trends in key metrics to help inform strategic planning and adjustments on tactical execution
● Provides regular reporting of ad performance and lead generation metrics using business intelligence and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar tools
● Develop insights from A/B and multi-variate testing of digital marketing collateral and dynamic site content, as well as develop hypotheses on consumer behavior and preferences.
● Presents information to help the digital marketing team to better optimize campaigns
● Uses CRM, Google Analytics, Demandbase and other digital marketing platforms to report on funnel performance
● Coordinates with personnel to share information across the digital marketing team and compare and analyses the information to ensure a full-funnel application cycle perspective is being considered
● Works with the social and paid search teams to reﬁne web and digital ad analytics
● Collaborates with outside agencies and third-party vendors as appropriate
● Performs other duties and assists with projects as assigned
● Willingness to try new things and learn new skills, based on divisional needs.
What It Takes::
● Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in mathematics, business, statistics or related ﬁeld is preferred.
● Must have experience in using database and data warehouse environments, and statistical methods to analyses data.
● Must have 3-5 years of experience in the digital marketing analytics ﬁeld or related area
● Consultative and interpersonal skills. Ability to constructively assess the goal, determine appropriate measurements and set up a corresponding measurement framework.
● Must have demonstrated metrics-driven success in achieving goals and objectives
● Must have a strong knowledge of campaign elements including key performance indicators, return on investment, web analytics and email tracking
● Must have experience leveraging CRM and Google Analytics
● Must have experience with large data sets, analyzing various metrics from disparate sources, presenting them concisely and advising management on the best courses of action given the data patterns