Who We Are
We are a fully remote team, open to hiring in the United States and Canada.
For more information about how our team thinks and operates, read our company Playbook.
Why Are We Hiring?
Our team is hiring a Content Writer to create compelling, articulate, and relevant content for our company to share–content we’re proud of. This will help build brand trust and awareness (leading to growth of our company).
At Lightmatter, we have a unique opportunity to be a leader in providing health-tech services. We're trusted by our clients and peers, have proven ourselves successful through the growth of our business (50 people, profitable, no outside funding), and have a clear vision for what we want our company to become.
Despite our company’s success and growth, we haven't spent time articulating and sharing the knowledge we've learned over the years about healthcare and technology. As an agency working with a variety of health companies, we see frequent patterns across their design and technology choices, business models, and operating strategies. We want to build a compelling library of health-tech knowledge using this experience and share it with our clients, our own team, and the greater health-tech community.
More About The Role
We’re not looking for someone to write bullshit clickbait blog posts or listicles. We want to create evergreen, thought-provoking content that sparks new connections and conversations. We do not want fluff pieces laced with “marketing” speak. We are not coercing people into working with us.
We are looking for a talented writer that can flex their creative chops while leveraging our unique expertise and opinions. More specifically, we’re looking to hire someone with storytelling capabilities. We’d like our Content Writer to have the creative, inherently curious background of a journalistic writer, but the rigor and killer instincts of a B2B content writer.
You'll be working with our Marketing Strategist and leadership team to convert content ideas into blog posts and other forms of written content that stand out in our industry. This will likely require interviewing our team members and SMEs and researching topics in healthcare, technology, design, pop culture references, and everything in between.
Although this role will have a lot of creative freedom and ownership, you will still need to write and communicate in a way that complements our brand values and voice.
What You’ll Do For Us
- Understand, explore, and participate in online health-tech communities.
- Strategize creative content ideas from these, our own team, and other thought leaders and companies. Turn these into thoughtful outlines that align with an overall Content Strategy.
- Write high quality, long-form articles for our company’s blog while maintaining our brand voice throughout your work. Work with our in-house design team to advise on graphics and illustrations for these posts to complement your writing.
- Edit your writing and style based on feedback from cross-functional team members as well as external readers.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- 5+ years of content authoring and writing experience, ideally in a journalistic style.
- An insatiable curiosity for learning about healthcare, technology, and everything in between (health software, hardware, wearables, biotech, nutrition, wellness, insurance, etc) and a thorough knowledge of the top content and thought leadership in these fields.
- Strong opinions about content marketing and the ability to speak clearly and persuasively about what qualifies as quality content (and why).
- Ability to develop novel opinions about industry news that resonate with current and potential customers.
- No ego when it comes to your writing. We will challenge ideas and assumptions with the intent of providing the most value to our readers.
- A writing style and strategy that cuts through the mundanity of healthcare: you know how to use humor, memes, and avoid banality.
- A nice to have is experience writing technical content: understanding how developers think and talk and translating that into accurate, compelling, engaging content for a variety of audiences.
What We’ll Do For You
- Competitive Salary & 401k Plan
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick-leave. Team members can take what they need, when they need it. You even get a bonus if you meet our minimum annual PTO requirement.
- Paid parental leave.
- Exceptional healthcare coverage: Lightmatter pays 100% of your Dental and Vision premiums, as well as 50% of your Medical premiums.
- Work remotely wherever you work best!
- The best tech (laptops to create, headphones to flow, standing desks to stay healthy).
- Flexible hours (for that midday nap, run, long lunch, reading session, or meditation).
- Ongoing education because we like our people smart (no scrubs).
- Our company does not offer equity as we’re not a venture backed startup. However, there’s the possibility in the future of profit sharing for our employees split at year’s end based on tenure.
Lightmatter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to be inclusive, supportive, and kind to every team member, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment or discrimination of any kind. The law and our policies protect all employees with regards to any protected characteristic, be it race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, or gender identity. We expect that every Lightmatter employee maintains an environment of respect, understanding, and support. Lightmatter makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.