👉 What is Chronicle?
Chronicle is the presentation format of the future. Chronicle enables teams to building stunning presentations without having to spend hours on design. Here is a short video to tell you more → Chronicle intro
The way people communicate and consume information has dramatically changed. We are not building a faster or a better way to make slides. We are challenging the format itself.
If you are looking to shape the future of work and build the next big productivity tool - Chronicle is for you!
🌏 This is a remote full time role and can be held from anywhere in the world. We are fully remote from day one. Our team is spread across Europe, India and Australia.
🧶 About the role
Is it time to run your own show as the Content Lead at a global early-stage tech startup?
You’ll step into an ideal situation. You will work closely with the co-founders and will be playing a pivotal role in enabling Chronicle to deliver on our ambitions with responsibilities covering but not limited to creating and implementing our content strategy, developing content infrastructure for scale, and finding the best talent.
You will be the first dedicated content person on the team. Join a company that values, invests, and believes in content as a pivotal growth enabler. One that understands content is the secret to winning in SaaS.
(if you’re wondering who is writing this, Hi, I’m Tejas, the co-founder. I’m 100% committed to finding the right person to come along for the journey)
✏️ What you will do
You will join the founding team of a world-class cross-functional team that will impact millions of presentation makers and viewers across the globe. You will play a role in shaping how we build content as a core competency across Chronicle and define how we put users first when building our content engine. You will:
- Set up and build our initial organic marketing engine across long-form content, product update communication, white glove email marketing
- Lead content creation strategy and operations for Chronicle, ensuring the highest-quality content across our blog and social platforms
- Iterate and experiment on content in Chronicle format to drive awareness & engagement
- Partner with our founders and product team on growth initiatives, including referral and invite strategies
- Create a culture of experimentation, testing, and learning across channels
- Take a data-focused approach that uses relevant data to inform smart content creation choices to engage and grow audiences
- Create rigorous, practical, sharable, and usable content to help Chronicle become the go-to place for anyone looking to enhance their presentation, remote-work, or communication experience (startups, tech businesses, teachers, etc.)
💪 You will be a good fit if you have
- 4+ years of successful track record as a content manager or experience building an audience on long-form content platforms such as Substack or Revue
- Strong writing and editing chops, with a talent for distilling complex ideas into plain language in your briefs, strategies and comms planning
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with an orientation towards constant testing and iteration
- Ability to communicate thoughts and opinions clearly in written and verbal communications
- We're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing — if you believe that presentations are up for a radical disruption are motivated to build a meaningful, delightful solution - this is the role for you
💜 Our favorite examples
- First round review blog
- Open View’s blog
- Foundation’s blog on content and marketing
- Lenny Rachitsky’s newsletter for product managers
- Julian Shapiro’s blog - especially the one on telling a great story
🎉 Why join us
We are solving a very interesting problem that will impact millions of users changing the way people craft and tell powerful stories every day. We are passionate to help anyone deliver presentations that are not just bearable, but enjoyable.
- We are a diverse and fast paced and energetic startup team. We offer an opportunity to build the next big productivity tool with some of the smartest people in the space.
- We are learners at heart and we provide you a free books of your choice every quarter, have regular lunch and learns with the best leaders in tech
- Competitive salaries with ESOPs, performance-based bonuses and raises
- We are remote from day one and support you to work from wherever you want by covering your home office expenses, hooking you up with the latest technology (think M1 chip Macs)
- We offer complete remote work, flex hours and lots of wind-down opportunities, our be-well program offers $1000 per year that you can spend on whatever keeps you well!