Who We Are
Sensible is built to help consumers and businesses understand, plan for, and mitigate all types of climate and weather risk. We work at the intersection of deep technology, science and experience design. Our first product embeds with travel and outdoor events partners, offering their customers a guarantee against bad weather. This means a customer can have confidence that they will have a great time in the sun. If not, they get their money back!
We recognize that we're living in a world with more climate disruption than ever before. We also believe that it is one of unprecedented opportunity for solutions.
With rich data from satellites and other developing technologies, we have the right information, engineering, and technology to help us relate to our environment with a new kind of awareness and understanding.
Sensible is a team built on trust, feedback, and communication. We recognize that diversity of background, skills, and experiences makes stronger teams. We are, therefore, an equal opportunity employer.
What You'll Be Working On
As Business Development Manager, you will own Sensible’s growing portfolio of partnerships with independent hotels, hotel groups and associate reservation platforms. This role requires the sales skills required to close new partnerships as well as a consultative growth mindset needed to drive partner success over time.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, tech-savvy relationship-focused sales leader with proven ability to close new commercial partnerships and refine operational processes to ensure partner success as well as reduction of sales cycles and improved accuracy of revenue forecasting over time.
This role requires experience working on the front-line, and comfort operating at multiple levels of seniority to develop strategic relationships with hotel operators, property management companies, and hospitality-focuses tech platforms. Deep knowledge of e-commerce business models, hospitality industry IT systems, and comfort in a technical environment is essential.
- Build and nurture positive relationships with prospective hotel operators and property management groups, supporting IT platforms, and applying a consultative approach to finding solutions for complex, multi-stakeholder businesses
- Engage interested leads by qualifying referrals, scheduling discovery meetings, and delivering sales presentations to relevant stakeholders
- Advance partner leads from initial discovery calls through launch by introducing Sensible’s products to relevant contacts within target partner organizations, designing proposals that align Sensible’s value props with partners business goals, negotiating partner agreements, and overseeing new partner onboarding
- Report against quarterly revenue goals based on new partner acquisition and existing partner growth
- Ensure excellent service and communication from Sensible to our partners; ensure excellent representation of our partners to our internal teams
- Collaborate with internal product and marketing teams to highlight existing partner implementations and communicate case studies to new partner targets
- Suggest and implement actions to improve sales & marketing performance to grow revenue within hospitality partnerships
- Document sales activity in Sensible’s CRM database
- Domestic travel to meet with partners and attend relevant industry events
- 4-6 years in a hospitality-specific IT platform with direct responsibility in BD, Sales, and/or account management
- Outstanding communication and effective presentations skills to represent Sensible at a senior-level to prospective enterprise merchant partners, as well as provide detailed feedback from partners back to internal cross-functional teams to drive initiatives forward
- Understanding of, and experience with, tech stack that powers hospitality businesses, from the PMS level, to booking engine UX, to CRM platforms
- Communication & Relationships: Highly developed social skills and ability to establish relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers at our merchants
- Analytical: Understands P&L and quantitative levers used by merchants partner as well as key indicators that drive sales performance and quickly identify roadblocks and remove them
- Outgoing teammate who enjoys working cross-functionally and establishing links within the organization
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, and navigates ambiguity
- A strong belief in Sensible’s value propositions, mission, and team values